So, in addition to the usual Scriptures seen on many Christmas cards--that unbelievers routinely ignore--try some of the following little sayings. (How do I know they ignore them? Because they don't convert! Anyone who truly understands the truth of God coming to Earth to save his or her soul from hell would convert in a second--if they're sensible.) Every Christmas I struggle to find a terse, tight, meaningful nugget of truth to put in my cards to family and friends. And for the most part, I actually dislike the use of little pithy sayings without a fuller explanation of the deep truths behind them, but let's remember we're talking Christmas cards here.
So here are a few I've used, and will use:
(Either inside the card, or on the outside envelope where even postal workers might see them--choose your weapon.) :)
1. JESUS: DON'T LEAVE EARTH WITHOUT HIM!
2. Got peace? Jesus IS the Prince of Peace! Isaiah 9:6
3. WISE Men Still Seek Him! (The FOOL has said in his heart, "There is no God.") Ps.14:1
4. He came as a child but left through the clouds. Know any other babies like that? Didn't think so.
5. Why are Christians so fanatical, so in love, with God? Because He first loved us! "While we were yet sinners, Christ DIED for the ungodly." (Romans 5:6) That means ME. That means YOU.
6. EMMANUEL= GOD WITH US = HALLELUJAH! What a miracle!
7. Don't spend CHRISTmas without CHRIST.
8. CHRISTMAS: A reminder of His coming, but have you thought about
His returning? When He comes again, will you know Him?
9. LOVE HAS COME! Do you know this love? Come to the One who came to die for you, so that
when you come to death you will live for Him. (Avoiding what the Bible calls the "second death," an eternity apart from God, in hell. That's why we call it being SAVED!)
Our responsibility is to share the truth, not control what people do with it.
I hope some of these sayings will help you do that in a small way this Christmas.
What about you? Got a little pithy message you put in Christmas cards, or which would be suitable for us to do so? Share your suggestions in a comment. If I like one enough to use in my next year's Christmas cards (this year is done already) I'll award a free book and one bar of dark chocolate to the commenter.
Can't wait to see what others put in their cards!
Winner will choose ONE of the following:
AND get a bar of organic dark chocolate, my favorite kind.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW TO ENTER TO WIN!