And Then There Were Three (Thank You, Readers!)

The Pulse Effex trilogy is now complete!

When I wrote PULSE, I didn't expect to write a sequel, much less a third volume in the series. Today, having finished the three, I'm grateful for the many readers who wanted more and thus, spurred me on.

My life has been richer for knowing the characters in the stories.  But I couldn't have come to know them quite as deeply had I stopped the series with the first book. I didn't plan from the beginning to write a trilogy, but when I kept writing and stayed in the world of the story, it developed.

The same thing happened after I wrote my first novel, Before the Season Ends. In this case, it was the world of regency England that I was immersed in, and again, I had no idea of writing a trilogy, but that's what happened. When Harvest House Publishers asked me if I could write a sequel, I did. When they offered a contract for a third book, suddenly I had ideas for it.

Takeaway: Our brains are capable of producing way more than we think, and more than we often give ourselves credit for.    

If you're starting a book and want to write a series, don't feel that you need to know the end from the beginning. Even though you are the author, you're not God.  You'll learn and grow on the way, just like the characters in your stories. And, those characters, if you've developed them into real people, will lead you into the drama and conflict that is necessary to sustain a novel. 

The key is to keep writing. Explore the lives of your characters until you locate their hot spots and areas of conflict--and make the most of both. 

To Your Success and God's Glory!

Linore
PS: The early reviews for DEFIANCE are great (all but one). See what readers are saying HERE.
 
  Here's one of my favorite reviews so far, from reader Cale Nelson:

 My 13 year old son and I are both L.R. Burkard Fans!
I read the first book and was hooked on the story.  Passed it onto my son who has read it at least 4 times and listened to the Audio countless times as well.  Book 2 was a blast that we both enjoyed too!  Again, I read once and he has read 3 times since I loaded to his Kindle.
He actually moped around for months waiting for Defiance to be released, and he was stoked when I uploaded a pre-release of the book to his Kindle.  He's read it twice in a matter of weeks now and just told me last night he's getting ready to start it again!  I'm actually about 1/2 through and it; like book two, it takes off right away and gets you right into the action and struggle these folks are facing.
Dystopian Fiction is my favorite genre, but there isn't much that I can allow my son to read due to the language or situations presented.  L.R. has filled this void with her 3 novels.  There are great life lessons as well as practical applications of skills and processes in emergent situations.  If you or your Pre-Teen/Teen are interested in the 'what if' These books are a Must Read!

I could type more, but that would only take away from your time that could be spent reading these fine novels! ***** 5 Stars

What's It About?

In this third installment of the PULSE EFFEX SERIES, foreign soldiers and fellow Americans gone rogue are just the beginning of what Andrea, Lexie and Sarah must face. Beneath the threat of nuclear strikes and guerrilla armies, the girls long for a free country in which to live--and love. Survival means resistance must give way to defiance. But can ordinary teens and their families withstand powerful forces and keep hope alive?

CHECK IT OUT HERE

No comments: