WHAT DO YOU CRAVE FOR?
(NEW BOOK TO READ)

I just added this to my to-be-read list. [CRAVE: by Chris Tomlinson] I love reading about how other Christians experience God, as I compare/contrast their experience with my own. It's also encouraging and uplifting to see how the Lord works with other people in ways that can be at once both similar and unlike the ways He works with me. God is so cool in that He is knows us each so intimately that he tailors His dealings with us according to who we are, and our level of understanding. I just can't get enough of Him--which I guess amounts to a craving. What about you?
Do you have God in your life today? Got cravings?

Watch the trailer for the book (Click Here)

Today I hope to remind myself that when cravings for ANYTHING hit, the real need of my life is for more of God.
It's the real need of your life, too.
Have you reached that decision, yet? If not, consider getting this book. You have to start somewhere to explore the possibility that God is calling you, that He is real, and that He really speaks to His people. Not only is He 'out there,' but He wants to use each and every craving and need in your life to point you to Himself.
I pray you take the opportunity to read Crave for yourself, and let the Lord fill you up.

For more info on Crave you can also click on the book cover. For special music today, I couldn't figure out how to get songs by Chris Tomlin (the singer/musician who does such beautiful worship CDs) onto this blog, so here's a link to listen. Hear Chris Tomlin: Not the same guy as the author.


4 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I remember doing a Beth Moore study where she encouraged us to pray to desire God more. We were to pray that He would give us a hunger and thirst for Him. It is definitely inline with His will and He would definitely grant it! It is a magnificent prayer, I think. This sounds like my kind of book. Thanks for showcasing it!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

i crave more time in the word. so hard to carve that out with a baby now!

definitely sounds like a great book.

I wanted to let you know about my blog address change. *sigh* If you're following me, my posts now won't show up in your feed, dashboard, sidebar, whatever. So please forgive me, but you'll have to change the address for my main writing blog, Where Romance Meets Therapy, to http://jeanniecampbell.blogspot.com. To do this, you have to "unfollow" me and follow me again. Sorry for the confusion!

Jeannie
The Character Therapist

Pepper said...

Wonderful post, Linore. Sounds like a good book. it's easy to get the 'cravings' for the wrong things.

Chris Tomlinson said...

Hi Linore,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if you'd be interested, but if you want to do a review of the book on your blog, I think I can get Dave Bartlett to send you out an advance copy. You can reach me at ct@cravesomethingmore.org. And if not, no worries; I just hope you enjoy the book!

Chris