You may have surmised by now that I read a couple different devotionals. I don't always read each one every day, but I do play "catch up" if I need to, so I don't miss anything wonderful. (smile) I have reached the conclusion, however, that if I miss a needed message from one source, God will nevertheless speak to me through another one. He is so faithful.

Today, this brief message was encouraging to me. I'm facing a mega-crowded schedule, and I need the engery to do it all! I pray that it encourages you also.

From Nancy Leigh DeMoss:

God Grants Stamina

Lessons from the Life of Joshua (Part 11): Waging and Winning Spiritual Battles

Do you ever find it easier to start a project than to finish it? As he began his military command, Joshua fought some exciting, dramatic battles. But as the years progressed, stamina was required to finish the job he'd been called to tackle.

Listen to or read the rest of today’s program


KeyQuotes
  • The Christian life is lived, fought, and won one step at a time. There are no shortcuts, no such thing as instantaneous sanctification.
  • There's no avoiding the enemy until we are through with this life--don't expect it to be easy. Don't expect instantaneous growth, instantaneous victory.
  • The goal of the Christian life is to bring all things into subjection to Jesus Christ in every area of my life. Every particle of my life belongs to Him, but in order to get to that point, I'm going to have to fight battles on different fronts.

No comments: