Hush Little Baby, Part II



Yesterday's post introduced us to author Deborah Piccurelli and her brave new work of fiction based on the sordid industry of abortion and fetal harvesting, Hush Little Baby.


Today we'll learn just a little bit about Deborah; and don't forget the drawing for a free copy of her book--comments will be accepted for the drawing until next Wednesday, 2/22, so don't be shy. : )

I asked Deborah what made her write this particular book, and here's what she said:

Two things: When I heard about fetal harvesting (a.k.a., baby body parts trafficking), it angered me. Even though this was way back in 1999, I want to make people aware that this still happens. Many people already know about it, but many do not, or some have just forgotten. Secondly, I used the characters that I did, because I had seen little people on daytime talk shows, and felt they were being exploited. I vowed to myself that I'd someday write a book showing them living normal everyday lives, just like the rest of us.


I then asked her what message did she hope readers would take away with them?
Several. Grace and forgiveness, redemption, that we shouldn't live by our feelings, but always consult the Lord for every decision we make.

As I said above, I wrote this novel to create awareness about fetal harvesting, but I also want to help alleviate it. I will be donating 10% of the proceeds to Life Dynamics, an organization that works to stop it.

And what is Deb working on now?
I am in the very early stages of a novel where (without giving too much away) a young woman overhears some very incriminating information being conveyed without realizing it. The next thing she knows, while driving to her boyfriend's home after work, her car is rammed from behind by another vehicle, causing her to crash. Devastating circumstances result from both the accident and the secret information.


Sounds intriguing, Deb! We wish you much success.
Thanks for doing the book giveaway here at Woman of Faith.

I bought a copy of Hush Little Baby for my Kindle yesterday, and I know I can't wait to read it.

[Baby image from: http://listsoplenty.com/pix/in-utero-amazing-pictures-from-the-womb]

2 comments:

Jo said...

It looks like I am the first to sign here. This is a topic that is near and dear to my heart and one that I think more people need to be aware of. I would love to win a copy of this book. Thanks for the opportunity.

Blessings,
Jo
ladijo40(at)aol(dot)com

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

You're welcome, Jo, and you're in the drawing. (Most comments came in yesterday's post, which was also about this book.) Thanks for stopping by, and it's always heartening to hear from others who care about this terrible stain on our country.