More Autumn Blessings--Just Ten Things
(and book giveaway!)
In an earlier post, I discussed the power of gratitude and how creating a simple habit of giving thanks each day for just ten things can dramatically alter our feelings and attitudes for the better. I did a book giveaway for those of you who left a comment to share something you're grateful for, and Kelly Ropson won a book.
Well, I'm doing another giveaway. To be entered, leave a comment like last time, sharing your top three reasons for gratitude today. In this beautiful Autumn season there is so much to be grateful for. I'm starting us off with my list for today (the illustrated version--with pictures!).
1. We recently took a trip from Ohio to New Hampshire and Maine, and were fortunate enough to be visiting at the height of the "colors"--that is, the fall, when the leaves change. I'm grateful, Lord, for your beautiful Creation!
2. Good friends became better friends as we shared four nights and five days together in their rustic retreat on a pristine Maine lake. Thank You, Lord, for the blessing of godly friends who share their blessings!
3. In New Hampshire, we renewed ties with relatives we hadn't seen in a decade. (And with their dogs, too! Below, meet Lila, Noah and Moses.) Thank You, Lord, for family, both far and near.
4. We got to "ooh" and "ah" all along the way, both coming and going. Thank You, Lord, for leading us safely there and back.
5. Our friends were perfect tour guides, taking us from remote mountain views to off-the-beaten-path good eateries. Thank You, Lord, for hidden blessings that You bring forth in their time--and for those still in store for us during life's journey.
Here I am, with Pete and Sandi. I found out Sandi is an intrepid hiker who will leap tall boulders for a single photo! Me? Not so much.
6. The picture below was taken only three days after the similar one, above (3rd from top of post). Notice how much the maple on the left changed in so short a time. Thank You, Lord, for the fleeting beauty we glimpse on earth--just a taste of what awaits us in heaven.
7. Coming home has blessings all its own, like these marigolds which I never expected to last this far into the fall. Thank You, Lord, for unexpected, small pleasures.
8. In the front, my geraniums are proving hardier than expected, too!
9. We don't have mountains or a lake just steps from our back porch, but I'm grateful for our little woodsy spot in Ohio, anyway.
10. For all the responsibilities of home and family, which make vacations so very special. Thank You, Lord, for appointed times of refreshment!
Now it's your turn. Leave a comment with your top three reasons to be grateful today, and I'll draw a winner (to win a free book of mine) from among the commenters. To choose a book, you can see what I've written along the right side-bar of this blog, or you can click through to my website and see more about my books here.
Comments accepted for the drawing through October 31st. I look forward to hearing from you!