Book Winner & Goals

Contest Update:

 Caroline is the winner of,  Help Your Twenty-Something Get A Life! Congratulations, Caroline.
Thanks to everyone else who participated in the drawing by leaving a comment. I wish I had a book for each of you!


 GOALS UPDATE

How are you doing with your 2013 goals as January draws to a close?

We've discussed goal-setting this year, so let's keep up the conversation.
I started the month with a whopping 34 goals, but keep in mind that they spanned five areas of my life: Personal, Home, Family, Career and Finance. For the rest of the year, my monthly list is rarely as long as January's, and that's because I'm seldom as revved up and enthusiastic as a bright new year gets me feeling.

Anyway, a quick assessment of this month's goals reveals that I've crossed off less than half the things I set out to accomplish this month. HOWEVER--that still means I've done a lot. And if I take into the account the things I got done that never made it to the list, I'm not unsatisfied.

Periodic Reviews:
When you review your goals, don't hesitate to cross off items that no longer matter to you. We are changeable, life happens, and sometimes what feels important while you're making out your list becomes less so over time. Be flexible and go with the flow. Just be sure that you're not discarding anything that moves your towards your TOP TEN GOALS for the year.

Revisions
In the same way, each new month is a chance to revise goals, or plan for new ones. 
Sometimes I carry over items from the previous month; I also incorporate a few from my master list; and I add any that have arisen. Your list is your list, it's not written in stone. If it's not working for you, change it. 

Focus
A blog I sometimes read offered a really good post on the topic of setting and reaching goals, and underscored the importance of focusing on the ones that matter most. (For me, it's the "Top Ten".)
The focus there is on eating right, but the principles apply to reaching goals for any area of life. Check it out
HERE

So, how did you do? 
Did you make a monthly plan for this past month, and if so, how did it work out? I'd love to hear about it!

Warmest Blessings,

Linore
 
 


    






5 comments:

Debbie Lynne Costello said...

Hey Linore!Does it count if your goal was to get through the month? It looks like I'm going to reach my goal. I'm so proud of you with all your goals. You go girl!

chappydebbie said...

@DebbieLynne Costello: Hahahaha...with everyone getting sick lately, that was probably the only goal for them!

chappydebbie said...

Linore, I am happy to announce that I have been meeting my daily goals. Your ideas have really helped me in getting organized. By putting the important things up front and center, I find that I have a more productive day. Thank you.

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

Debbie Lynne--My heart goes out to you. I know you're having a tough month, girl. You're in my prayers. Thanks for stopping by!

(Chaplain)Deb--I was hoping you would win the drawing--sorry about that! But I'm blessed that you're having success with your goals and getting your days in order. I have to pull out my Top Ten every week or so to make sure I'm moving forward! Eventually I guess I'll get them memorized! Thanks for sharing. As always, you're a blessing.

chappydebbie said...

No problem, Linore, win or not, I enjoy your posts. :)