Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable
in Your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19: 14

Imagine for a moment if every word you spoke was pleasing to God;
if every thought of your heart was "acceptable.
" Would you not be
doing what Jesus would do? This morning as I meditated on this
verse, it occurred to me that if we could only control our tongues
and thoughts, we would live constantly in God's will, and by
extension, be living the life He approves of. It suddenly seemed so
simple!think

But alas, the same Bible tells us that "the heart is deceitful and
desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) Notice the emphasis
is on the heart more than the tongue. Jesus explains: "For out of the heart
come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false
witness, slanders. These are the things which defile a man." For,
"The things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and
those defile the man." (or woman.) Matt.15:19-20, 18

This is not to say the situation is hopeless, however! Jesus is the ultimate
"heart-changer."
As we go about our day today, I encourage you to pray with the psalmist,
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable
in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer." (Ps.19:14)
Let the Redeemer redeem you! I certainly need the filter of the Holy Spirit
as I speak, answer email, and interact with my family. What about you?

PRAYER: O Father, let us today speak and even more, /think,/ as You
would have us do. We pray that you would guard the door of our lips,
be our "filter"-- and sprinkle our thoughts and words with salt and
light so that
we, in turn, may show such to the world. Even better, we will be
acceptable in Your sight. We know that You accept us in Christ, Lord--no
matter how short we fall, or how easily beset with sin; But speak to our
hearts when we err in our thoughts; bring truth where are lies, and shine
Your light upon us so that we may reflect that light to a dark world.
In Jesus' Name, and by Your mercy , Amen.

Hugs,

Linore

No comments: